- 6 hole Soprano ranges an octave and a 3rd
- Handcrafted with the image of Kokopelli
- Pendant Ocarina with StrawFire finish
- Strap included
We at Songbird believe our instruments give the gift of musical language. Every moment of music creates a story in itself and we celebrate that spirit of music with an ancient musical spirit.
Kokopelli is well known to Native American cultures throughout the Southwestern United States and we put his musical spirit in every Songbird ocarina we make. This instrument bears his playful image. You’ll find this StrawFire pendant rich in tone with a range of an octave and a 3rd (D5-F6), perfect for playing your next wedding or hiking adventure.
So, if you got the winter blues, buy this instrument to chase it away and welcome spring.
The Key of D is known to convey the experience of triumph, hallelujah, and rejoicing choruses.
* What is Straw Fire?
Straw fire is when an already kiln-fired ocarina is put inside a fire-proof container and fired again with combustible straw. The smoke from the fire makes organic designs and rich woodsy color on the surface of the ocarina. The ocarina is then polished with an organic lacquer which comes from certain trees. Camphor oil is used to thin the lacquer. There are a very small number of individuals who have reported allergic reactions to the Straw Fired ocarinas. If you think you may be allergic to lacquer, or camphor oil, please choose a different ocarina.
- Handcrafted ceramic with StrawFire finish - 6-Hole produces over an octave range from G5-B6 - Songbook/Tutorial included - Adjustable Black Necklace included Not... View full product details
- Handcrafted ceramic glazed in Metallic Lustre - 6-Hole produces over an octave range from G5-B6 - Songbook/Tutorial included - Adjustable Black Necklace included ... View full product details
- 3-Hole produces over an octave range from F-Bb - Leather Strap From antiquity, eagle bone flutes were played as sacred ceremonial instruments evoking... View full product details